As part of its month-long coverage of Call of Duty: WWII, Game Informer recently published an in-depth preview of the game’s co-op Zombies mode which also revealed some interesting new details about the game’s fresh take on the Zombies experience.
The preview, which you can read in full here, unveiled the following new facts about Call of Duty: WWII’s Zombies mode:
• The mode will focus more on horror and less on tongue-in-cheek humor (though it won’t be entirely devoid of laughs).
• In addition to fighting off zombies, players will also have to complete dynamic events on the fly. One such event involves having to kill zombies near a generator to “power it up.”
• Completing more drawn out events and objectives will allow players to unlock powerful new armaments like Tesla Weapons.
• For the first time ever, players will be able to pick which character they play as when starting up a Zombies match (past Call of Duty games would always just randomly assign a player to a character).
• Players will also be able to pick defined class roles that each grant access to a specific limited-use ability like temporary invisibility or unlimited ammo.
Sadly, Call of Duty: WWII’s Zombies mode isn’t part of the game’s pre-release beta, so we’ll have to wait until the game’s November 3 launch to find out just how much its take on Zombies differentiates itself from past entries.